What is expected of the daughters of the house?
- Daughters of the Martha and Mary Maternity House each pursue their own chosen program of study or vocational training, unless they employed (or actively seeking new employment).
- We live together as a family, respecting one another as sisters and sharing responsibility for our home, preparing meals and housekeeping.
- As a family, we say morning and evening prayers together, study the Bible and worthwhile texts, and attend Sunday worship services.
- All Daughters of the Martha and Mary Maternity House live by basic rules of the house and must participate in pre-natal, childbirth, parenting and life-skills classes; career preparation; and adoption counseling.
- As a part of the admission process, we will discuss your needs and priorities, as well as the needs and priorities of the House.